10 Tips to Finding Great Deals at Yard Sales
The grass is green, flowers are blooming and the windows are wide open. It’s finally spring! With spring also comes a time an abundance of yard sales. Yard Sale shopping can be a fun weekend activity that allows you to make smart choices with the money you spend.
Warning: this activity may become addictive!
- Make a list of things that you need, want or have been looking for. This will help you when you are looking amongst all the items.
- Look for upcoming Yard Sales on Bookoo.com or your local newspaper. Bookoo.com allows you to see all of the sales in your surrounding area. This will help you map out the sales you wish to attend. You will save gas by traveling along a specific route instead of driving around looking for Yard Sales. Be sure to look out for signs to the sale, also.
- Download the Bookoo App. The app shows yard sales on a map around you, so you can keep sales right at your fingertips! This is available for your iPhone or Android. If you are out and about during the day, you might be near a sale.
- Great items to look for are clothing, toys and other items that have a quick turnover. Since these items are used temporarily, usually you can find like new items at sales.
- Knowledge of prices is key. If you are looking for something specific, do your homework ahead of time. You don’t want to end of overpaying for something you can find cheaper on Bookoo.com or even new at the store.
- Don’t be afraid to negotiate! You can always ask the seller if the item(s) are negotiable. If so, go based off what you might sell the item for or if you have seen the item cheaper elsewhere, let the seller know what price you saw it for. Most likely, the seller will come down on the price for you. Be curteous and don’t low-ball someone, it might be offensive to the seller.
- Look for neighborhood sales! This is great because you can park your car and walk sale to sale (getting some exercise in there too!). If you live in the neighborhood, attending the sale is a great opportunity to meet your neighbors or to simply say hello.
- Make some money. You can always buy things for cheap and post on Bookoo.com. You can actually make a good profit!
- Make sure to budget a certain amount for spending and have cash on you.
- Have fun!